Alpha Dog Transcriptions takes pride in hiring and retaining outstanding transcribers who produce high-quality transcripts for our clients. We offer a competitive rate of pay, scheduling flexibility, and we treat our transcribers with respect and fairness. Our transcription jobs are remote “as-needed” positions. Please do not submit if you lack the required experience and other qualifications as there are no other positions available.
We transcribe a variety of material including narrative & documentary films, reality shows, lectures, meetings, interviews, podcasts, etc. Some jobs are very simple and others are extremely detailed. Pay ranges from $.90 up to $2.75 per minute of content. Transcribers may receive ADDITIONAL pay depending on the type of work and/or deadlines required by our clients. Payroll is processed semi-monthly using secure P2P bank transfers with Zelle.
To be considered for a transcriber position you must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Have a minimum of one year of transcription experience in the entertainment industry and a working knowledge of post-production terminology.
- Be a U.S. resident (we are not hiring outside of the U.S. at this time), completely fluent in English with excellent grammar and spelling skills.
- Able to work as a 1099-NEC (nonemployee) with appropriate I-9 identification, and sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Have a professional commitment to meeting deadlines, accuracy, quality work, with superior attention to detail and directions.
- Are available for a minimum of 4-5 hours of material in a 7 day period.
- Own a reliable computer with Microsoft Office Word, and high-speed internet access.
- Have transcription software with a foot pedal or hotkeys programming such as Express Scribe, InqScribe, etc., and use headphones to transcribe.
- Have proficient knowledge of computers and be able to troubleshoot your hardware and software on your own.
If you meet all the above requirements, you will need to:
- Send us a cover letter and a resume with your transcribing experience (please include your transcription software & equipment) to Resumes@AlphaDogTranscriptions.com.
- Complete a transcription skills test with a passing score of 90% or above. NOTE: submitting a test does not guarantee a position with us.
- Schedule an in-person interview via Zoom.
We will contact you if we are interested in having you take the next step toward a transcriber position.
Please do not call our main office line. We will simply refer you back to this page.