We are always accepting resumes from experienced transcribers with a MINIMUM 1 YEAR OF PRODUCTION TRANSCRIPTION EXPERIENCE. We pride ourselves in hiring and retaining outstanding transcribers to produce quality transcripts for our clients. We offer a competitive rate of pay, with scheduling flexibility, and treat our transcribers with respect and fairness. Our transcription jobs are work-from-home “on-call/as needed” positions. Please do not submit for any other position.
Transcription jobs include narrative & documentary films, reality shows, lectures, meetings, research interviews, etc. Some material is summarized, but most is done verbatim. Pay ranges from $.90 to $2.75 per minute depending on type of content. Transcribers may receive additional pay depending on the type of work and/or deadlines required by our clients. Payroll is processed semi-monthly using secure P2P bank transfers.
To be considered for a transcriber position you must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Have working knowledge of TV/Film post-production terminology.
- Be a U.S. resident with English as your native language with excellent grammar and spelling skills.
- Are available for a minimum of 4-5 hours of material in a 7 day period.
- Own a reliable PC or Mac with high-speed internet access with full version of Microsoft Office Word.
- Be completely fluent in English with excellent grammar and spelling skills.
- Have transcription software with USB foot pedal or hot keys programming, and use headphones to transcribe.
- Have proficient knowledge of computers and be able to troubleshoot your computer hardware and software on your own.
- Have a personal and professional commitment to accuracy, quality work, attention to detail, and meeting deadlines.
- Work as a 1099 contract worker with appropriate I-9 identification, and sign an NDA..
If you meet all the above requirements, you will need to:
- Send us a cover letter and a resume with your transcribing experience – please include your transcription software & equipment.
- Complete a transcription skills test with a passing score of 90% or above. NOTE: submitting a test does not guarantee a position with us.
- Schedule an in-person interview via Skype or Facetime.
If you believe you would be a valuable asset to our transcription team, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Resumes@AlphaDogTranscriptions.com . We will contact you if we are interested in having you take the next step toward a transcriber position.
Please do not call our main office line. We will simply refer you back to this page.